Imagine a bit of time to play; a play date in your creative space with no boundaries and absolutely no rules. The main objective is to HAVE FUN and revisit the child in you - remember the one who use to create for no other reason than for fun.
As children we see the world in such a different scope. Coloring books and drawing pads were viewed as a playground of creativity. As we get older we tend to forget the nature of play and the fulfillment it brought us. It is my goal to reignite that fire that once drove us all to create. A bit of time out of a few days a week is all you will need to participate in the fun we are going to have.
While we will not be creating one specific project we will be working on exercises and creative experiences meant to reignite our creative souls and processes. Also while this is not a journaling class per say it is about recording our lives and looking at what inspires us and drives us. Join me as I share tips and tricks that I use to get the creative ideas flowing whether it be a writing project or an art submission I too need to play at times.
- paper and other ephemera of your choice such as wallpaper, scrapbook paper, sheet music, book pages, love letters etc (I suggest you make copies of antique documents if you wish to retain the original)
- paint or your other favorite color medium such as markers, colored pencils or watercolor crayons
- sewing machine or needle and thread
- journaling pens - I suggest one white, one black and one in your favorite color
- Either a journal you create, journal you purchase (make sure the pages are sturdy) another option is to purchase a pad of watercolor, canvas or acrylic paper
- Rubber Stamps and stamp pads
- Ribbons and Embellishments
- Your favorite words printed onto paper (creme if you are going for the vintage look)
- Any photos or images that inspire you
Remember playing means using what you find fun therefore all the items are optional however I will be covering them in my videos and class handouts.
Things We Will Cover and Create
- We will be working with techniques such as sewing, watercolor crayons, painting (and removing layers), transfers and so many more fun and exciting techniques I use in both my personal and published work
- We will be visiting the minimalist in all of us, the Painter, the Mixed Media Enthusiast, the Fabric Lover and the Writer/Journalist that resides in all of us! From Canvases to Color Playgrounds we will not only have a great amount of fun but reignite our creative soul. We will create a total of 7 projects in our 4weeks together!
- I will be walking you through processes I use such as creating layers on canvas and paper, adding secret journaling, playing with crayons in a whole new way, I'll talk about my signature page marks, free motion stitching, embroidery and much more!
What to Expect
As this is an ongoing class you can register at any time and begin the course from Day One. An inspiration kit will be sent to you upon registration via USPS priority mail within the US, outside of the US all items will be shipped regular post. Please note that items in the inspiration kit may vary in color.
Three days a week I will be posting new videos, Monday, Wednesday and Friday to be exact (13 days of videos total).
A weekly class handout will posted to the blog at the beginning of each week. During our time together I am available to answer any questions you might have via e-mail or blog post.
Daily prompts and posts meant to inspire both your journaling as well as your creative process (21 total).
Feedback and FUN!Journaling Inspiration Kit Includes
Journaling Inspiration Kit Includes
- 2 Natural Moleskine Journals 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 64 pages
- 10 Robins Egg Blue Tickets
- Vintage French Flash Card
- Antique Flinch Playing Card
- 2 Antique Red Labels
- Number Label
- Glitter Number or Letter
- 8 Scalloped Tags in Various Sizes
- 5 White Shipping Tags
- 5 Lg Manilla Shipping Hang Tags
- 4 Scalloped Tags (created with Vintage Sheet Music)
- Glassine Envelopes
- 1 Dictionary Page
- 1 Small Thread Bobbin
- Assorted Ephemera
Please Note After Password to Class Site is Sent Via Email to Attendee Refunds Will Not Be Issued
$56 - to purchase click on the image below (within US)