Imagine creating a tale that is forever encased within resin; resin that is poured into a bezel that is more like a shadow box then a mere piece of jewelry. Create a tale of sorts with words images, trinkets and baubles and forever you will have your whisper. During the time we spend together I will be walking you through the steps to create three unique pieces of jewelry that not only incorporate amazing bezels, but ICE Resin, pearls, chain , wire and more.
Based on my latest article in Belle Armoire Jewlery - this class takes everything one step further as I walk you through the techniques I use as well as tips and strategies to make your resin experience the best it can possibly be.
Techniques That Are Covered
Creating the perfect Composition to be Placed into a Bezel
Wrapping the Bezel With Wire and Other Found Objects
The Correct Way to Mix and Pour Resin
Creating Chain Links
Creating your Own Chain from Purchased Chain
Creating Rosary Chain
Wire Wrapping Techniques
And much more!
What to Expect
During the course of class videos will be posted onto a password protected class blog specifically set up just for attendees; this is done to allow you ample time to work on each step of the project as well as incorporate what you are learning into other arenas. I am of course available to you as well to answer any questions. Each project will include a PDF handout as well as a specific post regarding what we will be learning as well as additional resources in regards to the topic of the day.
Registration is open today and will remain open indefinitely as this is an ongoing class. Upon enrolling and receiving confirmation from me there will be no refunds issued. A tools and materials list with purchasing resources/links as well as a welcome letter will be supplied to each class member within 48 hours of enrolling. Class access will last for a total of 60 days - please alert me if you are need of additional time!
PLEASE NOTE KITS ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE DIRECTLY FROM ME AS THEY HAVE SOLD OUT!
Imagine a bit of time to play; a play date in your creative space with no boundaries and absolutely no rules. The main objective is to HAVE FUN and revisit the child in you - remember the one who use to create for no other reason than for fun.
As children we see the world in such a different scope. Coloring books and drawing pads were viewed as a playground of creativity. As we get older we tend to forget the nature of play and the fulfillment it brought us. It is my goal to reignite that fire that once drove us all to create. A bit of time out of a few days a week is all you will need to participate in the fun we are going to have.
While we will not be creating one specific project we will be working on exercises and creative experiences meant to reignite our creative souls and processes. Also while this is not a journaling class per say it is about recording our lives and looking at what inspires us and drives us. Join me as I share tips and tricks that I use to get the creative ideas flowing whether it be a writing project or an art submission I too need to play at times.
- paper and other ephemera of your choice such as wallpaper, scrapbook paper, sheet music, book pages, love letters etc (I suggest you make copies of antique documents if you wish to retain the original)
- paint or your other favorite color medium such as markers, colored pencils or watercolor crayons
- sewing machine or needle and thread
- journaling pens - I suggest one white, one black and one in your favorite color
- Either a journal you create, journal you purchase (make sure the pages are sturdy) another option is to purchase a pad of watercolor, canvas or acrylic paper
- Rubber Stamps and stamp pads
- Ribbons and Embellishments
- Your favorite words printed onto paper (creme if you are going for the vintage look)
- Any photos or images that inspire you
Remember playing means using what you find fun therefore all the items are optional however I will be covering them in my videos and class handouts.
Things We Will Cover and Create
- We will be working with techniques such as sewing, watercolor crayons, painting (and removing layers), transfers and so many more fun and exciting techniques I use in both my personal and published work
- We will be visiting the minimalist in all of us, the Painter, the Mixed Media Enthusiast, the Fabric Lover and the Writer/Journalist that resides in all of us! From Canvases to Color Playgrounds we will not only have a great amount of fun but reignite our creative soul. We will create a total of 7 projects in our 4weeks together!
- I will be walking you through processes I use such as creating layers on canvas and paper, adding secret journaling, playing with crayons in a whole new way, I'll talk about my signature page marks, free motion stitching, embroidery and much more!
What to Expect
As this is an ongoing class you can register at any time and begin the course from Day One. An inspiration kit will be sent to you upon registration via USPS priority mail within the US, outside of the US all items will be shipped regular post. Please note that items in the inspiration kit may vary in color.
Three days a week I will be posting new videos, Monday, Wednesday and Friday to be exact (13 days of videos total).
A weekly class handout will posted to the blog at the beginning of each week. During our time together I am available to answer any questions you might have via e-mail or blog post.
Daily prompts and posts meant to inspire both your journaling as well as your creative process (21 total).
Feedback and FUN!Journaling Inspiration Kit Includes
Journaling Inspiration Kit Includes
- 2 Natural Moleskine Journals 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 64 pages
- 10 Robins Egg Blue Tickets
- Vintage French Flash Card
- Antique Flinch Playing Card
- 2 Antique Red Labels
- Number Label
- Glitter Number or Letter
- 8 Scalloped Tags in Various Sizes
- 5 White Shipping Tags
- 5 Lg Manilla Shipping Hang Tags
- 4 Scalloped Tags (created with Vintage Sheet Music)
- Glassine Envelopes
- 1 Dictionary Page
- 1 Small Thread Bobbin
- Assorted Ephemera
Please Note After Password to Class Site is Sent Via Email to Attendee Refunds Will Not Be Issued
$56 - to purchase click on the image below (within US)
Enchanted Etching dispels the rumour that etching is scary and somewhat hard to accomplish. There are many how to's on etching however if I do say so myself my approach is not only safe but fool proof. During our time together I will guide you through the process of completing two cuffs one brass and one fabric cuff which will be adorned with etched metal.
Kits will be mailed via Priority Mail within 48 hours of registration
Cost of Course $72
Cost of Course With Kit $140 (includes shipping)
You will be e-mailed a password and link to the classroom blog set up specifically for this course Also, a tools and materials list specifically created for this course with supplier links will be provided in a PDF format.
Over 2 1/2 Hours of Video Tutorials Include:
- Etching Brass and copper including the proper preparation of each metal as well as method and disposal of mordant.
- Cutting Metal with a jeweler's saw (in depth demonstration) including cutting curves and creating shapes
- Creating Your Own Metal Discs
- Aging Metal
- Drilling Metal
- Creating Resin Paper
-Free Motion Stitching
- Hand Stitching and Embroidery
- Wrapping Wire and Creating Your Own Head Pins
- Class Specific Handouts as well as Tools and Materials List With Resources and Tips
In addition each student will have access to one on one communication with me!
In Addition Full Access to the Class Blog and All Class Materials Will be Available to You for a Full 30 days
Please Note After Password to Class Site is Sent to Attendee Refunds Will Not Be Issued
Class With Kit
2 Brass Cuffs (Blank)
3x3 22 Gauge Copper Sheet Metal
Fabric Cuff Kit Which Includes all Fabric Needed as Well as Trim
Embellishments and Charms for All Three Cuffs are Also Included
Class With Kit (click on image)