I grew up blessed with three wonderful Grandmothers - paternal, maternal and a Great Granmother. All of these women inspired me, mentored me and perhaps best of all loved me unconditionally. When I think about the lessons I learned from them through the years I find my eyes well with tears. From the most domestic of chores like cooking to exciting adventures in creativity I was and still am continuously honored to be influenced by each of them.
My paternal Grandmother (referred to as Grandmere in the Rue Romantique Flip Book), is still living and as active and spirited as ever. Fiercely independent and talented she continues to inspire me in ways I know she is not even aware of. Her strength and caring spirit is a gift to all who meet her and love her. Sharing her is perhaps the best way I know of to honor her. My Valentine to you, on this day of love and caring is a project that is not only wonderful to create but quite approachable to accomplish. A perfect creation to honor one who means so very much.
Tools and Materials
Craft Mat or Other Non Stick Surface
4 Coin Pearls
4 8mm Rhinestone Rondelles
Silver Chain Silver Clasp
10 mm Jump Ring
Round Nose Pliers
1. Cut Photo from clip art section of flip book or personal collection.
2. Using bezel template trace oval onto photo. Cut with scissors.
3. Adhere paper to back of bezel with paper safe adhesive
4. Cut rhinestone strand to fit into interior of bezel. Place a small amount of adhesive onto back of rhinestone chain and adhere to top of photo.
5. Mix resin according to provided instructions. Place Bezel onto craft mat and pour resin. Allow to dry for at least 6 hours.
6. Cut 4” of silver wire. With round nose pliers create a loop 1 ½” from the end of the wire. Place the loop through the top bale of the bezel. Wrap the remaining wire around the top of the loop to close. Trim any excess wire.
7. Onto remaining wire place one 10mm coin pearl. Create a second loop and wrap closed.
8. Cut 6” of silver wire. With round nose pliers create loop 2” from the end of the wire, and place through the top loop of the first coin pearl link. Wrap the remaining wire closed and trim excess. Onto the long end of the wire place one 8mm grey pearl, one 8mm rhinestone rondelle, and one 8mm grey pearl. Create a loop with round nose pliers. Wrap remaining wire around loop to close.
9. Repeat step 7-8 Leaving the final top loop open.
10. To the top loop of the last grey pearl link attach 2 strands of silver chain measuring 3” each. Wrap the remaining wire around the loop and close.
11. Cut 4” of silver wire. With round nose pliers create a loop 1 ½” from the end of the wire. Place the loop through the last link(s) of the two strands of silver chain. Wrap the remaining wire around the top of the loop to close. Trim any excess wire.
12. Create a second loop on the adjacent end and place clasp ring through the loop. Wrap remaining wire.
13. Repeat steps 6-12 on the adjacent side, replacing the 10mm jump ring for the silver clasp.