Photography by Raina Hubartt
While everything is packed and I am ready to go to Art Camp I have had a sudden change of plans. The Little Man is quite ill. With My Love out of the country the decision to stay with my sick little guy was an easy one. I would be lying if I told you Kristen the Artist does not want so badly to jump in the car to start what is sure to be an amazing adventure (one I am in need of these days). However, Kristen the Mommy, my most important role in life next to being a Wife needs to be with her baby as he struggles with a very bad infection; truly I would have it no other way!
It seems interesting to me that in the beginning of planning all of this I was even unsure I would be able to stay for the entire time but with a bit of rescheduling and finagling things worked out. While I have a great dislike of cancelling anything I cannot help but feel that these things happen for a reason; perhaps it is a gentle reminder to me to soak in all the moments I can, refocus a bit and remember that work should not come first as I have a bad habit of doing often. And although this decision would have been a lot different if I had been scheduled to teach at this event, I remain a firm believer that in the hard moments good is born, clarity is out before us and we find a new outlook.
I send happy and best wishes to Terri and the entire Campers may the weekend be full of beauty, creativity and much joy.