One of the things I love about WW is the fact that I am cooking all of the time. From veggies and polenta to apples (yes I am cooking apples) and eggs I am whipping things up just like a regular Julia Child. I think it is important to say I get very bored quickly with the same thing on my plate therefore I have become a regular culinary explorer. In this very short two weeks I have cooked an array of food while relishing in the delightful colors, textures and concoctions.
Time has been slim these days to blog as much as I would like to as I am literally cramming (wondering when I returned to the college way of doing things) to get everything done before the Little Man's summer vacation arrives. So for now I share a recipe - one I hope you'll love as much as I do. It's super low in points and full of protein!
And if you are wondering - 6.2 is the 2 week weight loss total..happy dance.
Egg Souffle for One
1 Large Egg
1/4 Cup Liquid Egg Whites
1 Slice of Canadian Bacon (pre-cooked)
1 Campari Tomato (a small Roma or cherry tomato) will work as well
1 1/2 tsp Low Fat Grated Cheese
Pepper to Taste
- Spray a small crock or custard cup with non stick cooking spray
- In a small bowl mix one egg and egg whites whisk until fluffy
- Cut bacon into bite sized pieces and add to egg mixture
- Add all spices and stir mixture
- Pour into prepared dish
- Cut tomato into slices (I leave all of the seeds in tact)
- Sprinkle the top with a pinch of sea salt and add cheese
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until eggs are fluffy and cooked through (not brown).