So it is confession time. It seems living in Oregon has had a bounty of positives but alongside that there have been a few challenges. One of those challenges WEIGHT GAIN. While I have been challenged in the exercise arena as of late because of cold weather and a shoulder issue I have maintained a skeleton regimen. Added to this is the insane amount of good food I am constantly faced with - a lot of it in the form of meat and potatoes with lovely helpings of dessert oh and did I mention coffee.
It is a challenge to be a foo foo coffee lover and pass at least 3 yummy coffee establishments within a 5 mile radius. My car seems to think it needs to stop at every other one. Put all of this together and what do you get EXTRA WEIGHT. I would be lying if I said I have not struggled with my weight in my adult life. I wonder where did that fit body go - and then I realize I discovered eating.
Hence I have discovered the ultimate in ultimates Weight Watchers. I am not one to join the latest fad in weight loss and I adamantly refuse to eat anything that appears to look a wee bit like space food or live on a bar/shake diet. To say that I am thrilled is an understatement. Why do I share now well to be honest - I wanted to be honest with you! So all this said I thought I would share a yummy lunch with you one I whipped myself, and while I cannot post the points here if you know anything about WW you know the veggies are FREE.
1 Small Yellow Zucchini
4 Stalks Asparagus
2 Vine Tomatos
2 tsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Sliced Almonds (Almond Accents are the BEST)
2 Tbsp Shaved Parmesan
Dash of Himalayan Salt
Dash of Pepper
1/8 tsp Oregano
LA Tortilla Factory Low Carb Tortilla (or other low fat delight)
- Preheat Oven to 450 degrees
- Wash and cut all of the veggies into bite size pieces (except for the tomatoes)
- Remove the stem or what is left of it from the tomatoes leaving a tiny hole at the top
- Place all veggies on a baking Sheet
- Drizzle Olive Oil over the top as well as all spices
- Toss everything together with your hands until coated nicely
- Turn the tomatoes top side down (this will help them retain their shape)
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until veggies are roasted
- Place all the veggies on the tortilla
- Cover with almonds and cheese and ENJOY!
WARNING - Highly addictive and messy!