Enchanted Etching dispels the rumour that etching is scary and somewhat hard to accomplish. There are many how to's on etching however if I do say so myself my approach is not only safe but fool proof. During our time together I will guide you through the process of completing two cuffs one brass one silver nickel as well as one fabric cuff which will be adorned with etched metal.
Class Begins January 10th and will continue thru January 24th
Kits will be mailed via Priority Mail Mid December
Cost of Course $72
Cost of Course With Kit $140 (includes shipping)
December 1st you will be e-mailed a password and link to the classroom blog set up specifically for this course (if registering after this date you will receive this information within 48 hours of registering. Also, a tools and materials list specifically created for this course with supplier links will be provided in a PDF format.
Video Tutorials Will Include:
- Etching Brass, Copper and Silver Nickel including the proper preparation of each metal as well as method and disposal of mordant. We will be covering more than one method!
- Cutting Metal with a jeweler's saw (in depth demonstration) including cutting curves and creating shapes
- Creating Your Own Metal Discs
- Aging Metal
- Drilling Metal
- Creating Resin Paper
- Wrapping Wire and Creating Your Own Head Pins
- Class Specific Handouts as well as Tools and Materials List With Resources and Tips
In addition each student will have access to one on one communication with me as well as a live chat!
In Addition Full Access to the Class Blog and All Class Materials Will be Available 30 Days After the Class Commences (2/24/2011)
Please Note After Password to Class Site is Sent to Attendee Refunds Will Not Be Issued
Class With Kit
1 Brass Cuff (Blank)
1 Aluminum Cuff (Blank)
3x3 22 Gauge Copper Sheet Metal
Fabric Cuff Kit Which Includes all Fabric Needed as Well as Trim
Embellishments and Charms for All Three Cuffs
Class Without Kit