As I have written these last couple of weeks we have been reaping the delights of the garden. This week a plethora of tomatoes has made their way into the kitchen. While I plan on canning and freezing some of these divine beauties I have also been experimenting a wee bit.
To make this simple and delectable dish begin with one sheet of puff pastry dough either purchased (there are some great organic products to be found in the frozen section) or create the dough in your kitchen with a standard puff pastry recipe.
- Mix 2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil Chopped
- 5 Medium Tomatoes Sliced Thinly (seeds removed)
- 1/4 Cup Kalmata Olives Chopped
- 4 Tbsp Goat Cheese (Chevre)
- Himalayan Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 °
- Lay the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paperor a silicone baking sheet. Combine Olive Oil and chopped Basil and cover the dough with the mixture.
- Thinly Sliced (de-seeded tomatoes) and lay on top of basil mixture.
- To the top of the tomatoes place olives and goat cheese
- Sprinkle Pink Himalayan Salt to the top
- Bake in a preheated oven for 40 minutes turning at the 20 minute point.
- Cut the pastry into slices and serve piping hot.